Happy Mother's Day Mom! Sorry none of us flew out to take care of you on this day. Hopefully dad and the missionaries are doing a good job for us.
I'm not very creative or funny so I'm just going to list some of my favorite things that I think about when I think of you. There are several more, but here are just a few:
-You put up with talking to me on the phone every single day of the 4 years I was at college. I believe there was 1 day that we did not talk. And I did that just to see if I could. And it was usually SEVERAL times a day. Who does that?! Thanks for putting up with it.
-All of my friends liked/like you more than they like me. You always made everyone feel so comfortable and welcome in our home, even if it made you lose sleep, food, money, etc.
-You let me come in, sit on your bed and tell all of my stories at night when you were trying to go to sleep.
-You really did make me a lunch every single day from Kindergarten to my last day of high school. Oh wait, and last year when I was teaching too. I can't believe that! I never realized how crappy that must have been... Making lunches is the worst!
-You are constantly being a good example of service to us all. No matter how busy you were, you somehow made it possible to take good care of all of us AND help the rest of the world with their problems.
-You arranged your work schedule so that you never missed a piano recital, dance, choir, musical theater performance, musicals, games, etc.
-All my laundry would appear clean, folded, and on my shelf. And I always loved the surprise gifts on random days for no reason. Always made my day!
-Even though you did so much for us, you also taught us to help and taught us how to do things which helps us as adults now. Other moms are always telling me to thank my mother for teaching me to help.
Love you, Wendy
No comments:
Post a Comment