Saturday, May 7, 2011

Today is your day!

In honor of this special occasion, I thought it would be appropriate to dig up an old treasure from 18 years ago. And to remind you that though the boys are the one's with the mad poetry skills now, once upon a time I could bust out a rhyme.

“MOTHER”
WHO IS THE ONE WHO RUNS ABOUT,
WHO IS THE ONE WHO HATES TO SHOUT?
IT IS OUR MOTHER.
WHO IS THE ONE WHO WASHES OUR CLOTHES,
WHO IS THE ONE WHO WIPES OUR NOSE?
IT IS OUR MOTHER.
WHO IS THE ONE WHO CLEANS OUR ROOM,
WHO IS THE ONE WHO SPANKS WITH A BROOM?
IT IS OUR MOTHER.
WHO IS THE ONE WHO TALKS SO DEAR,
WHO IS THE ONE WITHOUT ANY FEAR?
IT IS OUR MOTHER.

DEDICATED TO MY MOM ON MOTHERS DAY 1993
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOM!
BY JILLYNDA SPRINGER

thanks for being there for me throughout my life. I have no idea how you did it all with 6 kids. For real. Isn't it sad that it took 30 years, a husband, 2.5 kids, and lots of responsibility for me to realize just how good I had it growing up? You are the true definition of a mother (minus the hitting with a broom. Sheesh). Thank you for it all.  





P.S. More to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment