Saturday, June 18, 2011

Norman Rap





Due to the troubles the Regulators had uploading their Mother's Day rap, they are only releasing the lyrics to their Father's Day rap, titled Norman Rap. Okay, it's not real original, but we did put our own twist to it. Below are the lyrics to Norman Rap, and the highlighted words in blue are the words or phrases that we changed. Here is a link so you can listen to the original version on you tube, and you can follow along with the Norman rap as you listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TeV8yp8ALM. Hopefully the Regulators will release their own video of the Norman Rap in the future.

Thank you for being the best dad, father-in-law, and grandpa we could ever ask for. We love you and hope you have an awesome Father's Day!

Here are the lyrics:

Hey brothers and sisters,
Listen to me,
I'm talking to you religiously,
My Norman Rap will make you see,
That I'm as funky as Donny and Marie.

When I go to church,
I'm in a good mood,
Cause they all treat me
Like a righteous dude.

When I watch tv,
I feel inspired,
Cause I watch Raymond over
Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Norman, Norman Rap,
Do the Norman Rap
Norman, Norman Rap,
Do the Norman Rap

I'm a fine old man,
I'm living clean,
Don't smoke, don't drink,
If you know what I mean.
Don't touch Soda Pop
Except D.P.,
You might say I'm
a good little Sunbeam.
I didn't even date,
Until I turned 16,
I don't even know
The meaning of the word obscene.
Flipp'n, fetch'n, scruddle-dee-me,
“oh p*** on them”, and fiddledy-dee!

Norman, Norman Rap,
Do the Norman Rap
Norman, Norman Rap,
Do the Norman Rap


Now Brigham Young,
He's my main man,
Cause He brought the
Pioneers to the promised Land.
I know Brother Brigham is related to me,
Cause Jaylyn Hathaway did my genealogy.
He didn't want settle just anywhere,
That's why we've got a place called Temple Square
I wish I could've seen old Brigham's Face
When he said "Oh baby, this is the place!"

Norman, Norman Rap,
Do the Norman Rap
Norman, Norman Rap,
Do the Norman Rap


I met a Moab girl 40 years ago,
Who had a real sweet spirit,
And much, much mo(re).
I said "Hey, I'm on my way to the Dairy Freeze,
Would you like to join me for some ice cream please"
She said "Sure, why Certainly,
But you're gonna have
to wait til after three,
I've gotta give a lesson and a recipe,
To Ana Joe, Laura, and Jean"

I was thinking of another nice place to go,
So I took my baby to the barbershop show,
Refreshments look real good to me,
Red punch, white cookies, and mint candy
Then I took her home,
Nice place she had,
That's where I met her mom and dad,
I said "How do ya do? and I'm pleased to meet ya’ll"
I’ve never shot a deer, but at least I’m tall
I looked at my baby and she said with a grin,
"By the way, my name is Dana Lynn"
I said "Come On girl, on my bicycle lets ride,
Cause we're gonna be late for the fireside!"

Norman, Norman Rap,
Do the Norman Rap
Norman, Norman Rap,
Do the Norman Rap


My bishop asked if we're going steady,
And we said, "Yes sir, we are ready,
We've got some important things to do,
Like Norm graduate from BYU --
And sometime later in the fall,
Mike will return from his mission call!
Don't you worry, we’ll be flyin'
Right past Mike, and he’ll be cryin’!
Put Dixie Drive on the map,
When we all do the Mormon Rap!

Norman, Norman Rap,
Do the Norman Rap
Norman, Norman Rap,
Do the Norman Rap


"Hey Mom, What are we having for dinner?
Orange Jello Salad with pretzels inside?
MY FAVORITE!!"
Come on all you kids get in the Silver Bullet,
We're gonna be late for the Nutcracker!"

No comments:

Post a Comment